My Layouts Monday

Hello All!! It’s early Monday morning here, but I couldn’t sleep any longer, so I am up and already started with the work. I feel a productive day coming.

So this week’s layout is really different from last week. Last week, I wanted to use a really clean, graphic style. This week, I went ahead and explored the world of layering and clustering. Here is what I got:

Frame: Jessica Sprague; All other digital elements: Shabby Sugar by Zoe Pearn; Font: Pea Swimmy Script

Frame: Jessica Sprague; All other digital elements: Shabby Sugar by Zoe Pearn; Font: Pea Swimmy Script

Ok, so this layout started with the photo treatment. As I have mentioned before, I am now addicted to Jessica Sprague classes. I have been working through the free class she just offered, and found some really cool instructions on how to give photos a hand tinted look, which is what you see here. Then I used one of the frames that was free with the class to finish off the picture. What’s neat is the frame was already shadowed, so I had a real starting point. The picture went into the middle of the layout. I pulled two papers to start with as possible backgrounds: the white you see, and the patterned paper on the layout. I knew the patterned paper was too much, so I played with blending the two papers together. At that point, I left the two blended together.
Next, I started pulling the elements that would lay closest to the background paper. So the journal card went onto the layout, and originally some glitter and the stitching went onto the layout behind the photo. Next came the flowers. I pulled a variety of flowers from the kit, and started grouping them on each side of the photo for balance. I made sure to tuck some under the photo, and some on top of the photo. Next, the string came onto the layout, and it took some maneuvering to place it so that it looked good without distracting from the photo. I decided to have it overlap the photo, which took some erasing of the original string. Once the string was on the layout, I added a button to it, and place a flower or two over it. After that I placed a couple of other buttons. I started to look at what I had and decided that I didn’t like the glitter, so I took it all off. I also didn’t’ like the look of the stitching under the photo, but I did like the stitching, so I cut it a bit, and placed it over the very bottom of the photo.
Now with the glitter gone, the background was looking plain again. What I ended up doing was unblending the two papers for the background, and making a mat out of the patterned paper. I also put a frame under the photo, letting just the decorative part show, so it wouldn’t look so much like a frame. Finally, I needed to deal with the bottom of the cluster. I put the bookplate on the lower right corner, and then needed to fit a title of some sort on the bottom right. I ended up using the girls two initials from the alpha in the kit. Finally, I added my text, then I shadowed all the elements, and I was done! Hope you like it!

This entry was posted in Everyday Life. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to My Layouts Monday

  1. Brandy says:

    Beautiful page, Aaron! Your girls are so cute. πŸ™‚

  2. Brandy says:

    Beautiful page, Aaron! Your girls are so cute. πŸ™‚

  3. Sharon Kay says:

    Wow Aaron that is a truly BEAUTIFUL layout! It helps you have such cute girls to start with…but you really created a WOW layout!

  4. Sharon Kay says:

    Wow Aaron that is a truly BEAUTIFUL layout! It helps you have such cute girls to start with…but you really created a WOW layout!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s