Inspired by THIS POST at Katie the Scrapbook Lady’s Blog, I decided that it was time for me to get down on paper the things that I wanted to get done this year. I think Katie’s idea to revisit the list at the end of each month with the monthly round up, which I committed to HERE, is a great one. Now I just need to remember to do the round up! So here goes, the 10 Things I Want To Do in 2010.
- Blog more regularly. I really do enjoy blogging, and I really wish I did it more often. This year, I am going to blog more regularly. I am not committing to every day at this point, but more regularly is a start. I also want to continue to offer interesting posts and links through the blog. I want my blog to be a reflection of me, of the things I find interesting and want to share.
- Make time to make more memories. It’s funny, but this little “hobby” of mine seems to take up obscene amounts of time if I let it. If I am spending all my time here on the computer, then I am not spending time making memories…with my family, my friends…just experiencing life in general. If the trend keeps up, I won’t have any memories left to scrap…and I don’t think that pages about designing will really be that interesting.
- Build a stronger relationship with my students that will not only help them grow academically, but socially as well. Some of you may know, this year, I moved up a grade with my students from last year. On top of that, I had these same students when I was teaching fourth grade. Many of them, I have known since they were in second grade. This year, I hope to really strengthen the bond I have with them, as well as maybe teach them a little math. Maybe.
- Make some decisions about our house. We are at a crossroads, we don’t know if we should spend the time and money to make improvements to our current house, or if we would be better served to look into a new house. Both DW and I are very conflicted…while we love our house (and I don’t want to pack again), we really need more space. This year, I want to make a decision about what we want to do.
- Lose weight…exercise. Isn’t this always on the list? Ugh…my nemesis…I will beat you yet.
- Scrap More. I cannot tell you how much more I would love to actually scrap. When I get into the designing mode though, scrapping is always the first thing to go…this year, I want to put aside time to scrap. I have to keep reminding myself, in ten years, my DDs will not be looking for all the products I designed. They’ll be looking for scrapbook pages.
- Institute my Business Plan. I can’t really say much about this now, but know that I have a plan and I am in the process of executing it right now. Just wait…
- Learn more…in every aspect of my life. I want to make sure I take the time to grow myself over the next year. I want to learn more math, to improve my math instruction and re-learn middle school math. I want to improve my design skills, my photography skills, and my scrapping skills. I want to be in a constant state of learning.
- Organize. I love to organize. I could do it over and over again. However, as I look around my life, I see more and more things that need to be organized. This year, I hope to institute a plan for getting things done, and get everything in my life organized.
- Breathe. For as long as I can remember, I have always been a person who has worried about the “what if’s” and the “what are we going to do’s.” One thing that is starting to become clear to me is that, in the end, everything will work out. It may not be the way I expect it to happen, or it may not be what I want, but it will get figured out. I also want to let go of the things that I cannot change…all I can do is control my reaction to situations in life. That’s what I want to focus on.
So, I took Katie’s challenge, and wrote out my list of the 10 Things I Want To Do in 2010. Will you take the challenge next? What are you looking to do this year? What things do you want to remember as the year goes on?