Why aren’t your blog, Facebook page, and Twitter account talking to each other? It’s probably because you haven’t introduced them to each other yet. There are a couple of ways you can do this, and most of them are easier than you think.
- WordPress – If your blog is on the WordPress platform, there are a number of wordpress plugins that will automatically post your new blog posts to your Twitter and Facebook. If you go “Add Plugins” and do a search, you are sure to find a bevy that will get the job done.
- Feedburner – If you use Google Feedburner, there is a way to publish to your Twitter account through them. If you go to “Publicize” and click on “Socialize”, there are a few things you can fill out and it will get the job done.
- The New Twitter button – You may have read about Twitter working with TweetMeme and creating the official Twitter button. You could install this button on your site, and then use it manually to Tweet each of your blog posts. Read more about the new Twitter button HERE.
- Networked Blogs – I don’t know too much about how Networked Blogs works with Facebook, but I know that a lot of bloggers use it as a method for posting their new blog posts on Facebook.
- Ping.fm – Ping.fm is a really easy way to connect your blog to multiple social networking sites. Create an account, adjust some of the settings, install the Ping button, and you can ping any of your new blog posts to the social networks you have added. This is great if you want to be selective with which blog posts you want to push through to Twitter and Facebook.
Each of these methods are an easy way to get your blog posts out there. Are you already pushing your new blog posts through to Twitter and Facebook? Are you using a method other than the ones here? Let us know in the comments below.