Have you ever just sat there staring at the screen?
I have. In fact, if I had a dollar for each time I caught myself mindlessly staring at the computer screen, I’d be a rich rich man. Boredom is one of those crazy things that seems to sneak up on you when you are least expecting it. It can kill your productivity with one fell swoop, and send your mojo packing. Most times, when boredom strikes, I spend my time surfing the internet aimlessly or just staring at the blank screen. Today, I wanted to share with you 10 productive things you can do when boredom strikes.
- Tag and organize photos or digital files.
- Get up and go for a walk
- Search an inspiration site, like ColourLovers
- Write an email to someone you haven’t seen in a while
- Spend 15 minutes cleaning somewhere in your house
- Browse and comment in a gallery of your choice
- Bake a batch of cookies…everyone loves cookies
- Edit and update your to do list
- Purge some digital supplies you haven’t used in a while
- Force yourself to create a layout in under an hour
What are your ideas of something productive to do when you are bored?