It wasn’t a priority.
I often get asked, “How to you find time to do it all, and still scrap?” The truth of the matter is, for a long time, I didn’t. I worked to create new products, to blog, and to still maintain my “out of the computer” life. I all but gave up scrapping altogether. I would often think to myself, I just don’t have the time. So for almost a year, I have absolutely NO layouts of anything. None of the memories I have of my family are preserved.
Isn’t that why most of us scrap?
Recently, I had a conversation about the idea of “it’s not a priority.” When I am busy saying, “I have no time”, I am really saying, “It’s not a priority right now.” If something was important to get done, I would clearly find the time to do it. Saying that I didn’t have time is just giving an excuse. If I wanted to make sure I was preserving my families’ memories, then I needed to make it a priority.
If scrapping is a priority for you, I’ve got a list of 9 Creative Ways to Make Time for Scrapping. Check it out.
9 Creative Ways to Make Time for Scrapping
- Treat it as a reward.
- Do a little each night.
- Set aside a day each week, free of other obligations.
- Do it when the feeling strikes, no matter what.
- Schedule it in. Add it to your To Do List.
- Set a goal to strive for.
- Join a Creative Team. Make scrapping a “have to.”
- Team up with a friend. Keep each other on track.
- Find unconventional times to scrap. Stay up an hour later, get up an hour earlier.
How do you make time for scrapping? What’s a number 10 for my list? Let me know in the comments below.