iDSD is right around the corner (it’s Saturday!), so I figured this was the best time for me to offer you my tips on surviving one of the busiest days in the digi scrap world.
10 Tips for Surviving iDSD
- Make a plan – Lots of stores start talking about the festivities in the days leading up to it. Start visiting your favorite stores and see what they’ve got planned.
- Set blocks of time – This is absolutely crucial. I remember back to my first iDSD, and I literally spent the WHOLE DAY in front of the computer. Sure that can be fun, but really it’s not the most healthy way to spend the day. Make time for a walk, some games with the kids…meals…you’ll thank me later.
- Set a budget– Another downfall I met on my first iDSD. I will NOT share with you how much I spent that first year, grabbing sale after sale, however I will tell you that the following year, I went into the day with a strict budget, and I stuck to it.
- Shop early. Or late. – iDSD is infamous for being a day that creates havoc on many digi sites. While most stores are equipped to handle the influx of traffic, sometimes it just happens. Downloading your “finds” will be easier if you are shopping at a less busy time.
- Buy stuff you’ll use, not stuff because “it’s a great deal” – Trust me, even if it’s only a $1, if you aren’t going to use it, you aren’t going to use it. You could buy it, but chances are you’ll be getting rid of it the next time you purge your supplies.
- Purge your stash, clean up your hard drive – We talked about this yesterday, but I can’t stress enough the importance of this. If you know you are going to be collecting all kinds of new treats, do a run and purge some old stuff you’ll never use, and make sure the stuff you have is organized and tagged (if you do that).
- Realize you can’t do it all. – So many stores have so many activities. All day chats, challenges, changing sales….if you are going to participate in these types of activities, it’s best to pick a few of your favorite forums to do that it, and realize you won’t make it everywhere.
- Try someone new – When there are such great sales as there on iDSD, it’s the perfect time to try out a new designer.
- Spread your time out – Most stores now run their sales and activities over the course of the whole weekend, if not longer. Make time on Saturday and Sunday to participate in the fun.
- Have fun! – This is one of the best days in the digi scrap world!! Enjoy it and have fun!