Inspiration can come upon me at any time, from almost anything. I can be walking somewhere, and immediately find something that inspires me to create a whole kit. Today, I wanted to share a few places where I usually find inspiration.
- Target – Their holiday site/decor is truly unparalleled. I am amazed at how well they carry out a theme through everything – the store, the flyers, the website. I am always looking to see what they will have next.
- Knock Knock – These notepads and other goodies are absolutely hysterical. I love their slightly retro feel, and love how easy they make getting some things down in writing! Some of their products are a little on the colorful side, but for the most part, these people know how to make fun stuff!
- Children’s Books – As you can imagine, with a reading teacher wife and two young girls, there are plenty of fun kids books around the joint. I like to look at them and find inspiration for children kits, or even just from the colors sometimes.
- Mrs. Lilien Styling House blog – Now these are some high class, pulled together, inspiration boards. I have never seen more beautiful, fantastic, over the top things than I have on this blog, and yet they all make sense and work in perfect harmony. Great place to find inspiration for colors, theme, or general “feel” of a new kit.
- iTunes – Music Music Music!! I cannot tell you how many times a song has influenced what I was working on. Many times, it’s just by chance, depending on what is on the playlist I am listening too, but music plays an important part in my process everytime.
Where are you finding inspiration these days?